Instructions Following Scaling and Root Planing
- Once you leave your deep cleaning appointment and the numbing begins to wear off, you may begin to experience cold or hot sensitivity and gum soreness.
- As with most procedures, a small amount of bleeding is normal, but if you experience excessive bleeding, please call our office. To soothe bleeding gums, you can apply pressure with a wet tea bag on your gums for about 15 minutes or so. If this does not stop you can call our office.
- Do your best to make sure you brush and floss normally to help heal the tissues
- You can take ibuprofen or acetaminophen as needed according to the instructions on the label or those provided by your doctor.
- Rinsing with warm salt water a few times a day could also help soothe the tissues.
- Follow any other instructions provided by our office during your visit.
- Please take all medications as prescribed.