BIOLASE Waterlase® Dentistry
Waterlase® Express technology offers the most benefits of tissue laser technology.
Manufactured by Biolase, Waterlase® is a high-tech laser surgery tool that uses a patented combination YSGG laser and water spray to perform a wide range of dental procedures without a drill. All lasers work by delivering energy in the form of light.
Using Waterlase® Laser Dentistry, our dentists can perform many dental procedures with no noise, very little pain, and fewer appointments.
The interaction of a laser beam and a water/air spray allows us to cut and shape target tissue with pinpoint precision by aiming the laser at the exact spot where treatment is needed. Although the treatment may not be completely painless, anesthesia is not necessary.
When used for surgical and dental procedures, the laser acts as a cutting instrument or a vaporizer of tissue to cut soft tissue and bone with greater accuracy and precision. Whereas drills can create loud noises, vibration and friction, a laser does not touch the surface, which lowers the need for local anesthesia, lowers the risk of infection, and reduces post-operative swelling.
- Cavity Preparations
- Subgingival decay removal
- Achieving hemostasis (process to cause bleeding to stop)
- Frenectomy techniques
- Biopsies and lesions
- Gum contouring
- Less invasive periodontal surgery
- Closed crown lengthening
- Complete disinfection of infected tissue
- REPAIR Implant protocol (all steps)
- Implant debridement and surgery
Endodontics (Root Canals)
- Access, cleaning, and shaping
- Pulpotomy, Pulp Cap
- Complete disinfection during Root Canal
- Little or no need for anesthetic
- Minimal bleeding
- Faster treatment time
- Reduced heat and vibration
- Increased rate of retention of implants
- Less damage to healthy tissues
- Minimal swelling and discomfort
- Fewer post-operative complications
Why use Waterlase®?
Waterlase® is safe for all patients, adult and pediatric. Waterlase® is more precise than traditional dental methods, reducing the risk of heat, pain, and microscopic fractures caused by dental drills. The Waterlase® system uses single-use, disposable tips, so there’s no risk of cross contamination.
**Video is registered to BIOLASE®